WHEN & WHERE
Berlin Food Crawl
On this culinary stroll through Berlin-Mitte and the district of Prenzlauer Berg you’ll learn that there's more to German food than just potatoes!
After a welcome drink from Germany’s oldest still-existing brewery, enjoy samples of the most famous traditional German dishes (Currywurst!) and discover what else Berlin's multi-cultural food scene has to offer. See what years of post-war immigration have brought to the capital and hear how the so-called Turkish ‘guest workers’ invented Germany’s most beloved street food in Berlin. After that, it’s off to one of Berlin´s most beautiful neighborhoods: "Prenzlberg", as the locals call it. Explore with our guide how this former working-class neighbourhood has become so trendy and how Berliners deal with the gentrification process in general. In an intimate atmosphere of 15 participants at most, you’ll also have plenty of time to ask your guide any and all questions about Berlin. We’ll finish the tour in a typical German “Beer garden” close to one of Berlin’s most interesting parks, the Mauerpark!
- A Welcome Drink from the world's oldest still existing brewery
- Try the world famous Berliner Currywurst
- Treat yourself to some Turkish delicacies that found their way into German everyday life
- Get to taste samples of various traditional German dishes
- Peek into a traditional German Bakery and pick your favourite pastry
- Finish with a digestif in a typical German beer garden
(Additional beverages at own expense.)
Vegetarian options available. If you have any other dietary requirements, please get in touch before booking the tour.